Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Outside (My) Movie Box: Part 12

 


Movie Night returns!!! Movie watching is a hobby I do not indulge in enough lately. So, I decided to rectify that. I spent one Saturday watching movies. Between Netflix and recently purchased DVD's, a stormy day was made better. All three movies were filmed in my city (New Orleans for those who do not know). All different but all good in their own way. Two of the films just happen to star Bruce Willis which was a total coincidence. I want to tell you all about them. 



Next up was the film "Looper." It stars Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt. I am a huge fan of Bruce and Emily. This film was odd at first to me. It took a while for it to get interesting. So the beginning of the movie was slow. But, when it picked up, it took off. This movie is set way in the future, 2074. When the mob wants to get rid of a person, they go back in the past to do it. Gordon-Levitt plays a "looper," a man who works for the mob and kills people who are sent blindfolded back in time.The movie takes a different turn when Gordon-Levitt learns that he is next on the list. Bruce Willis plays the older version of Gordon-Levitt. The ending was unexpected but worked well. Once I got into this film, I could not get enough of it. Great movie. 




Then, I tuned into NetFlix for more films. I found "Fire With Fire" starring Bruce Willis, Josh Duhamel, Rosario Dawson and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. This is a movie about a man (Duhamel) who witnesses 2 murders and does the right thing by testifying. Willis is the cop that talks Duhamel into testifying. Dawson plays his FBI Witness Protection officer. This movie was pretty good from beginning to end. Duhamel was a beast in this movie. He was my favorite person in the whole movie. The action was awesome as were some of the fighting scenes. I also loved seeing Vincent D'Onofrio playing a really awful guy. I haven't seen him in anything since he was Detectuve Goren on "Law & Order Criminal Intent." He was amazing in this film. I think this was a straight to DVD movie which I really don't unerstand because it was really good. 





 Then, I watched"Seeking Justice" starring Nicholas Cage, Harold Perrineau and January Jones. Cage plays an English teacher at a local New Orleans high school. His wife is brutally asssualted. This brings in a man from a vigilante group with an offer to take care of the guy who hurt his wife. What follows is a crazy, high paced incredible story. I loved every moment of it. Cage is, as always, excellent. The storyline was interesting and captivating. I was actually sad when it was over. This was my first time seeing January Jones in a movie. I really liked her in it. I actually remember when this was being filmed here. Shut down traffic one night to film one dope scene. This movie was a great choice as were the others. If you haven't seen an y of them, I suggest you do. Get into all of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment