Thursday, June 13, 2013

Classic Music: John Legend "Get Lifted"


John Legend has a golden voice. He is also a great musician, lyricist and producer. I knew of him before his debut cd dropped via Kanye West. "Get Lifted" was and still is a very dope cd. I played it on repeat for months on end. His singles were great such as "Ordinary People." My absolute favorite track is "Stay With You." The lyrics are so wonderful and the song is so calming. I can listen to it daily. I was watching John Legend on Oprah's show the other night and it reminded me how much I love his voice. It inspired me to pull out this cd and give it a listen. Hearing it brought me right back to the very first time I heard it. I've seen John in concert a few times and he just gets better. His voice makes me so happy. So, choosing him for this was easy. Take a short walk down memory with me and John Legend. Vibe with us!








No comments:

Post a Comment