Saturday, July 09, 2011

This Reader's Review: Part IV "A Piece of Cake" & "Perfect Chemistry"

It's that time again people. I am an avid reader. You guys already know this. I just want to do a quick review on the last few book I've read. Thankfully, I haven't read a bad book in months. I love when that happens. I was affected deeply by two totally different books I've read in the last two weeks. I have to share with you guys.

I just finished "A Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown. This book totally drained me. Like totally. The book is very dark and depressing for a great portion of it. It is the true life memoir of a young girl who's life is anything but a fairytale. The main character La'Vette/Cupcake has her world shattered by her mother's untimely death. The events that follow are utterly unthinkable. She spends well over ten years living a really horrid life. Halfway through the book I was in such a foul mood. I think its because I submerge myself so deep within the things I read. I was pulling for Cup though. She was a character that I wanted to see win. I felt that her story had to have a better ending. This book turned around in the last third of it. I was so excited for her. I smiled while reading. Once I was done, I was so full. I love that great comeback story. "A Piece of Cake" is a great read. I would definitely suggest it to others. I'm actually grateful that it was suggested to me. I will be passing it on to my cousin.

I also read "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles. I got this as a 0.99¢ download on Kindle. It's a love story about two teenagers from completely different backgrounds. Typical right? But the actual storyline has a deeper plot. I loved that it wasn't what I thought it was gonna be. It was a good quick read. I also enjoyed the ending. It was a little predictable in the beginning. But it got so much better in the middle of the book. It's a young adult book though. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

I have about five more books laying around that I need to get to. I suddenly find myself with a lot of free time. I plan to get to these books starting next week. So there will be more reviews forthcoming. Keep reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment