Friday, August 08, 2014

Justice For Renisha McBride


Today, Renisha McBride and her family received justice. It came in the form of a GUILTY verdict for McBride's killer, Ted Wafer. I've written about this case before, here and here. Wafer faces a sentence of life with the possibility of parole. This case struck a chord in me for a few reasons. McBride was looking for help after crashing her car. She knocked on the wrong door. Wafer, who claimed he was afraid, shot McBride in her face. She died on his porch at the age of 19. I am so glad that the jury did their job this time. I loved this Ebony article by dream hampton. She played an integral part in this case/ His sentencing is scheduled for August 25, 2014. I hope he gets life since he took one willingly. Justice for Renisha indeed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment