Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Gone Too Soon, Robin Williams

 



The actor/comedian legend Robin Williams is gone. He was 63. It seems that Williams committed suicide yesterday morning. I am heartbroken. I am a fan. Have been since the first time I saw "Mork & Mindy." It was a weird show and I was a weird child who grew into a weird woman. My love of his greatness grew more with every movie. I specifically remember the day I saw his "Hook." It was during a class field trip with my Speech and Debate Coach Mr. Block. I loved it. Loved. I still feel the same way about it every single time I watch it. It is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. Then, there was the hilarious "Mrs. Doubtfire." A movie about a man who would do anything including don a dress, makeup and wig, to be with his kids. That touched a special part of me. I think the movie that affected me the most has to be "Dead Poets Society." As a writer/poet, it made me want to be more, explore more. The quotes from that movie still stick with me. I am sorry that Mr. Robin Williams battled with a depression so deep that he he took the only way out he knew how. I hope that he has found his peace. Rest in paradise, Robin Williams.









No comments:

Post a Comment