Friday, August 26, 2011

My Walk With God

Religion is a hot button topic in any and all circles. There are certain people that I will not discuss religion with. I know what I believe. I know there is a God. I know he watches over me. No one can make me believe otherwise. I'm very grounded in my faith. I talk to God all the time. Those talks and prayers comfort me immensely. I love God with all my heart and I know he loves me more than I can imagine. I've seen his mercy and grace bless my life. Things no man can explain. That is me walking by faith. I believe because I cannot imagine any other way.



I have struggled with the idea of organized religion for years. I have a personal relationship with God. I am a spiritual woman. I do not like the politics involved in churches, specifically Black ones. I have seen too many fake and false chosen people of God. They have left a truly bad taste in my mouth. I do not get how a person could basically play with God and his word. That is crazy to me. I haven't set foot in a church in a really long time. That's truly been bothering me lately. I left my last church home because I was not being fed spiritually nor did I believe in the pastor of the church anymore. So now I'm searching for a place that I feel comfortable and will get extra guidance.



Religion has always been important to me. My Grandmother Frances made sure of that. She took me to church with her every Sunday. I loved that time with her. I loved going to the children's church. I took other challenge of reading the Bible last year. I've slacked of as of late. But I need to get back into it. I'm about halfway through. It's interesting to me how much I remember from church as a kid. I also enjoyed learning new things about the Bible. My spiritual journey thus far has been a very winding road. I've taken it into my own hands while carving my on lane. Religion will always be important to me. I want to know about it all. I want to be able to share it with my (future) kids. I want them to be able to believe in something bigger than all of us. That is important to me. My God is awesome. This journey is far from over. I'm interested in religions other than Christianity. I will also be reading the Koran because I want to know. My spirituality is a big part of me. How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment