Thursday, August 25, 2011

How To Love



"Love is the thing, you know?" - Louise "Sex & the City (the movie)"

Love connects us all. It's the one thing we all fight for, search for, live for, and die for. Everyone loves love. And, that has been the topic on my mind all day. Today, I watched Lil Wayne's new video for "How To Love." It is a video with a real message. This totally surprised me because I am not used to anything conscious coming from Wayne. And, then I read Bryan Michael Cox's blog where he posed some interesting questions about love. His blog made me think about many things. I also think that love is a huge subject in my poetry for a reason. for so long, I was searching for something that was already in me. I had the ability to love but I just didn't know it.

I do not believe in learning to love someone. I don’t think there is anything healthy about learning to love someone. My idea of love is a feeling you can’t fight or deny. It’s something indescribable to me. Love is an emotion that cannot be quantified or held but we all can feel it. The most amazing thing is realizing that you love someone. I def believe in falling in love. It’s the possibility of being embraced by something so deep and knowing that the person you’re in love with will catch you. It takes a lot of faith to completely fall in love. I am no expert on the subject. I have not conquered all the avenues when it comes to love. But, I have learned a lot about the subject. I think I finally understand the basics of it. How to give love and receive love is a great gift.

I don’t think we decide to love. When it’s real and true, it happens without any assistance from us. I know this to be true because it happened to me last year. I do think that we decide to open our hearts to love. I believe that one has to be one to love to fully receive it. Love makes us better, makes us appreciate people and things more. Days are brighter and life is just better when you love and are loved. this extends to all forms of love. Nothing warms my heart more than hearing the people I love tell me that they love me too. They don't have to but I'm so glad that they love me. That is a beautiful thing. Life teaches us how to love, if we are open to it. Love is something we all crave. How are you at loving??


No comments:

Post a Comment