Monday, August 29, 2011

Let's Discuss Music...


Music is my life. It has been one of the most consistent stables in my life. It's no secret that I am an avid music fan. I think have a unique relationship with it. So, I am always excited about new music. When I am a fan of an artist, I'm anticipating anything new and fresh from them. I tend to take it personally when new music is bad. It truly hurts my spirit. I feel slightly disrespected because I've wasted my money on trash. I love to sit with a new cd for a few days and only listen to it. I like to formulate my opinion of it from this. I complete submerge myself into the music. This is the way I like to get into new music.



In the last year, there has been a plethora of great music released. And, my ears have been very happy about it. The cd's that still get a lot of play in my house are : Watch The Throne, Beyoncé, Adele, Jessie J, Big Sean, Ledisi, PJ Morton, Rhianna, Kanye West, Jill Scott, and Nicki Minaj to name a few. But, on the converse side of that are the really bad ones. The cd's that made me frown and were thrown away after a listen or three. They are Chrisette Michelle, Kelly Rowland, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, and Lady Gaga. I do not know what direction the artist were attempting to go, but they failed in my eyes. There may have been a few songs I liked but as a complete project I did not get it.



Music makes me happy. It can change my mood at any given time. I like to think of myself as a music connoisseur. I love how it can connect people. I get deep into music, the lyrics, and the meaning behind it. I dissect a song from beginning to end. There are a few projects that I am looking forward to this fall. "Take Care" from Drake being number one on that list. One of my favorite artist has a cd coming out soon but I am not excited about it. I feel like Mary J Blige's latest offerings have not been what I want from her. The music sounds too young. And, it just isn't a good look. I will take a listen when it drops but I have a feeling that I won't be purchasing it. That makes me sad too. But, I cannot support what I do not get. Music has to move me. If it doesn't, what's the point? I don't know anyone else who gets music like I do. It is just my thing. Music brings me to a very happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment