Sunday, August 28, 2011

Man, I Love Being A Woman!!


Since birth, I have been into everything girly. I was born into a world of pink. Everything was pink. I loved it. I was the little girl who loved dresses, hair bows, sandals, and barrettes. You would always catch me with a "pocketbook" as my Grandmother Frances called them. I was the first grandchild and a girl to boot. I was spoiled beyond measure. I was the epitome of a girl then and now. I may have a tough exterior but I am super sensitive once you get past it. Getting all dolled up for a night out makes me happy. It's just something about all of it that makes the night more special. I am definitely super girly. While brainstorming about this blog, I started looking at pictures of me from the last few years.

I love getting pampered. I am all about a spa pedicure. Massages are wonderful. I love lipgloss and eye shadow and mascara and polishes. I have always loved these things. I love pink and purple and yellow and most of all blue. I prefer dresses to pants, heels to flats, and I never go anywhere without a purse. I love the way my eyes get really slanted when I am very happy. I have big cheeks and a great smile. I love to laugh. I share the pampering with my nieces, god daughter and little cousins. I think that girls would be girls. They love it as much as I do. My God-daughter is addicted to the type of lipgloss I love and the lipbrush as well. And, what's even funnier is that I got none of this from my Mom. She is so not into all of this. She always says she doesn't know where my love for these things came from. I do not know either. I just know it's a big part of me.

On a daily, women are bombarded with society's idea of what beauty is and what size is sexy. We deal with a lot. As a Black woman, I also have to deal with the Light/Dark skin issue. I am so glad that I do not buy into the whole "skinny, light skinned, long haired perception of beauty." I thank my mother for instilling me with my own sense of self worth and idea of beauty. I absolutely love my brown skin. I have never wanted to be any lighter. there was a time when I wanted to be darker. I absolutely love my breasts and my legs. It took me a long time to be comfortable with my cup size. I developed early and my breast grew quickly. they became a topic of discussion in high school. that was embarrassing. Until I released that the power was mine. So, I took it back. I love the way I look in a low cut top. Cleavage is awesome. I love the way my legs look in a dress and heels. This is what makes me feel womanly and sexy. It's not about anyone else's perception. I feel good about myself because I just do. No image on tv or in a magazine can determine my self-worth. Man, I just love being a woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment