Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It's My Hair: The Braided Beauty Edition

  


I finally did it. I got box braids. I haven't had braids since at least summer of 2004. I've been wanting them for a minute. Finally took that plunge. And, I couldn't be happier about it. They are e-very-thing!!! They are super long too. Box braids down to my butt are what summers are for. I feel so bad ass with them. They have inspired a newness to my attitude. I love the versatility of them. I also really enjoy NOT having to do my natural hair for a minute. This was a great move getting this protective styling. I've had them for about a month. I have really gotten used to them. They are heavy though. I can handle the weight though because I'm a Queen & heavy is the head that wears the crown 👑 







If you know anything about me then you know I live for a photo opp. It's gotten even worse since I've gotten these braids. I don't think that there's been a day in the last month that I haven't at least snapped one selfie. I'm obsessed with my box braids. They make me look younger but I'm more than ok with that. My favorite style to wear them in has to be the high bun. It's like I'm wearing a crown and I love it. I think I will keep them in for a few more weeks. As much as I love them, I do miss Isabella (my hair). But, I'm not rushing this process. I am enjoying the freeness that these braids have inspired. Get into me & my box braids 😍😍😍 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment