Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thoughts on a Sunday


It's been a long week. Emotions have taken me through it. So, since today is Sunday, I thought I'd focus on the positive. Today's post is all about the things in my life that I am grateful for. 

  • I woke up this morning, well rested and in a great mood. 
  • My Saints won!!!! It was a home game and it was a great one. We needed this win to shake up the rest of our season. #RoadToTheSuperBowl
  • I am thankful for the ability to pray for peace. Peace of mind, body and soul. Because I deserve it.
  • I am beyond thankful for the gift of clarity. I needed it desperately. I was acting out of character and it needed to end. 
  • I am grateful for lessons learned. I took a leap of faith but it didn't end the way I envisioned. Reason, season, lifetime in full effect here. 
  • My hair is growing so fast. It is healthy and I am happy. This is a huge deal to me. Forever grateful for full edges and length and thickness.
  • I have really high standards and I am extremely hard on myself. But, I know what I want and what I deserve. I deserve people who know that they want me in their life and at what capacity. I deserve reciprocity. I deserve happiness. I am grateful for the people in my life that get that and give it as well.
  • I am thankful for open, honest, frank discussions about any and every thing. I am as grateful for the people I encounter who can engage me intellectually. I thrive off of intelligence. 
  • I've realized that I've invested way too much time in the ability of someone other than myself to bring me happiness. The problem with that is if/when that person leaves, so does my happiness. I am grateful for that light bulb moment I had recently. I am Kenda and I determine my own happiness with or without anyone else in my life. 
  • I am thankful that I can see myself for who I am , flaws, faults and great things in all. I see me better than any other person walking this Earth. I am me and that is a wonderful thing. Grateful. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment