Tuesday, April 01, 2014

True Story!



BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!! Period. There is nothing else that matters. In a world where Black people are bombarded with images and words that insist on telling us that black is synonymous with ugly, dirty, and less than, we need to know how beautiful we are. There is something so special about melanin. I love my Black skin and my Black people. We are beautiful. From our hair to our skin and down to the way we walk, Black is beautiful. I just need people to know that. We need to love ourselves, embrace each other. We need to protect Blackness at all costs. We are the change we need to see in the world. I have never wished to be anything other than my Black self. I love the color of my skin. I love the range of skin tones in my family. Love it. Our skin is kissed by the sun and blessed by the Most High. Also, my love for all things Black is not a swipe at whiteness or otherness. I am just partial to who I am and what I came from. Everyone should get into it.  Black IS beautiful.










No comments:

Post a Comment