Wednesday, April 02, 2014

April Showers


  • Coursea is offering free online courses. I have signed up for four so far. One about the Bible, one about English/writing, one about Nubia and one humanities one. I love to learn. This piqued my interest so I am giving it a try. 
  • I won this dope basket from a raffle. There was the most delicious Cucumber Melon lotion/bubble bath in it. I am currently in lust with it. Also, bath fizzes are my new favorite thing ever. I indulge in bubble baths way too often now. They make me happy. 
  • Collateral damage. It's a term I have been thinking about a lot lately. I never thought of people falling into this category until recently. It is, however, very fitting to the situation.
  • The more I think about it, the more I want purple hair. It would be so dope. I just cannot logically do it. But, the pictures I see online of beautiful Black women with natural hair dyed purple will always make me very happy. I want. 

  • My bestest friend ever sent me the sweetest card. I cried. It reminded me of our fave show, "Sex and the City." The above pic is the sentiment of the card. Love my Ticker lots and lots!!
  • Ok, one more wedding to attend next weekend. After that, I am all wedding-out. I love Black love and love for others. But, as for me, it's too much. I have, however, avoided catching any bouquets. I no longer believe in the whole marriage & happily ever after anymore so I don't even stand up for it. Oh well, it is what it is. 
  • There truly is no such thing as anonymity on the web. Being found by people who used to know me is funny, surprising and surreal. I don't know if I truly like it. It's the gift and the curse of being so social via social media. 
  • Last but not least, people please remember that WORDS MEAN THINGS!!! I do not know why people seem to forget this. Your words matter. Everything you say or write mean exactly what you said. Words have definitions for a reason. In short, mean what you say and say what you mean. The end. 





No comments:

Post a Comment