Saturday, November 09, 2013

Being Totally Random Because It's November



  • It's Saturday. I've done nothing all day but sleep. I am truly only getting dressed to go get food because the place I want food from does not deliver. So, I have to untwist my hair and put on pants...which I despise. But, I am coming back to be a lazy, pants-less, twisted hair bum in like 30 minutes. Today was a really good day though. I am pleased with myself.                                                     
  • Nothing like being caught off guard and surprised in a good way. It's happened a few times in the last week or so. I couldn't help but smile about it. Even when I was nervous and unsure, I was still really happy about it and the person who was responsible. I'm also a realist. I know that things are exactly the way they present themselves. I will not be romanticizing this. It's not what it was. But, it's something. And, it made me happy :-)                                                                                                                                                              
  • Football is in high swing. And, that makes me uber happy. Especially since my Saints are 6-2!! We should be 7-1 though. That last loss hurt like hell. I have no doubt that we will redeem ourselves tomorrow against the Cowboys cause they suck. I think this is our year to get back to the Superbowl!! Geaux Saints!! Who Dat?!? We Dat!! ;-)
  • Robert Glasper's "Black Radio 2" is the hit I knew it would be. There is just no denying great music. I cannot stop playing "Somebody Else" featuring Emeli Sande'. It is my current favorite. Other stand out tracks are "Worries," "Calls," and "Trust." If you were a fan of the first "Black Radio," then this one has your name written all over it. Get into it. 
  • I have a confession. I am ridiculously addicted to cappuccinos now. I do not know where this addiction comes from. It just snuck up on me. Also, I am not a cappuccino snob. Like, I don't have to get it from Starbucks or CC's or PJ's. I love the ones from gas stations. White chocolate caramel is the flavor I dig the most. Also, helps wake me up in the morning. Also, I want one right damn now. Addicted I tell ya!!!
  • My Dad's 54th birthday was on the 5th. This was the first year since he passed that I did not wake up sad. I actually felt happy. I celebrated him. My siblings all posted pictures that I've never seen of him. It was a good day. I'll always miss him. But, that heaviness of his death is lifting. I needed a reprieve so I am glad. Happy Birthday, Dad!!



  • The last week or so has been...interesting and weird. I cannot truly explain it. It's juts odd but in a good way. I'm trying my best not to over think any of it. Cause no matter what, life is gonna happen whether I'm good with it or not. That's my new mantra in life. 

  • In effort to have a more positive outlook on life, I am seeing all of the good in certain situations. Like something as simple as someone who means a lot to you saying your name after not hearing their voice in months. It made me smile. And, I took it in the spirit that it was given, as just a moment. 
  • I think that I'm a reasonable, rational chick. I don't do bs or drama. So, if you know me, why would you think I want any of that in my space? I do not want it. Either be 100 with me or stay 100 feet from me. It's just that simple. I am too old for games. Either it is or it isn't, there is no in between for me. This has been a read. Catch it.                                                                                        
  • The reality is I'm different now. I am a different woman that I was a year ago. I'm not 100% comfortable with the ways in which I have changed. But, changes occurred because of situations in my life. My only goal is to protect myself. I know how to do that cause I've been her before. I just didn't think that I would have to be her again. I have to believe that there is a plan for my life that I haven't figured out yet. Because everything I said I wanted in the last few years seems totally out of my reach. So, it's time for a new plan. I don't know what it is yet. *Developing*                                                                                                                                                
  • I am currently rereading "Catching Fire," a book I loved the first time around. After I'm done, I think I will look into a different genre to read. I need something new to read for those sleepless in Seattle nights. I think I need to be intellectually stimulated by something totally different than what I'm used to.                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment