Monday, November 11, 2013

It's My Hair: Pin-up Into Bantu Knot Out


Let's talk about natural hair. Lately I've been having a lot of fun with my hair. Trying new products and new styles. I have incorporated my Natty CoCo products into my weekly co-wash sessions. The above picture began as a wash and go, which I've grown to love but probably won't be doing again until next year. The weather has changed and leaving home with wet hair is a no no. I cowashed y hair with my trusty Suave Humectant Conditioner. I followed that with the Natty CoCo's whipped Shea Butter and Curls Unleashed Curling Jelly. And, I finished by spraying my hair with water and the Natty CoCo leave-in mist. I was in the bathroom looking for something when I found a back of bobby pins. I decided to see what kind of pin up I could come up with. I used about 20 bobby pins to secure this look. I LOVED it. It was sassy and sexy and new. I wore it like this for a few days. I received a lot of compliments for it. It was a win for me. 


Then, I went from a pin-up to a bantu knot out. This time, I only used the above pictured Natty CoCo products. This was the best bantu knot out that I've done in 2+ years. I was uber excited about my results. I had to document it hence the below pictures. I loved it. It was curly and soft and just awesome. Also, I was sick all week and this bantu knot out was the first thing to make me smile in days. It was also the first day I felt better in about 5 days. This hairstyle was also a win for me. Every where I went I got complimented on it. I love when other natural haired Black women compliment my hair. It's like we're our own sorority. I am currently typing this with my hair in bantu knots because it is the go to style for this week. Can you tell how much I love it? It's been a great few natural hair weeks for me. I couldn't be happier!!


No comments:

Post a Comment