Thursday, November 14, 2013

Get Into It: Jhene Aiko's "Sail Out" EP


This week has been all about Jhene Aiko's new EP "Sail Out." It has been on repeat for days now. I've heard songs from her before. One of my faves has to be "July" which Drake made his own. But, she is signed to Def Jam and is reading her first full length release "Souled Out." But, she gave her fans a little gift in the form of this "Sail Out" EP. It's only 7 songs but a really good 7 tracks. I was sold on the first listen. The first single features Childish Gambino is "Bed Peace." I love it. 



Even though it's only 7 songs deep, every song is a standout track. My absolute favorites are "The Worst," "Comfort Inn Ending," and "3:16a.m." I play these three tracks the most. Of course, the lyrics are what get me. Jhene has a light, airy voice that is comforting to me. Also, her features are very dope. "Sail Out" features Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Childish Gambino and newcomer Vince Staples. If you are an old or new fan of Jhene's, "Sail Out" is a great piece of work. Musically, I love the way it makes me feel. It speaks to a certain part of my soul. Get into it and Jhene Aiko. 


No comments:

Post a Comment