Friday, January 02, 2015

Colorful Epiphany


As I watched the night sky light up in colorful bursts of lights, I was filled with so much hope and happiness. It's been a really long time since I felt like this. I've never been one to believe in that whole "new year, new me" slogan that folks throw around. I simply always want to be working towards being a better version of the woman I was last year. I want to be more. That has always been my only real resolution. But, this felt different. Instead of getting down on myself about things/goals I haven't accomplished yet or people/things I've lost, I silently gave thanks for all the blessings in my life. I may not be in the position I ultimately desire but I'm still here. That means I still have time to get it all and more. That was the lesson the last few years taught me. There is no progression when I allow myself to wallow in the shade that disappointment brings. I finally feel like I am standing in the sun. 


I feel so much more like myself today than I have in a really long time. I am ready to make the moves necessary for me to truly live my life. I have no clue what is coming but I know it will be amazing. Because God said so. All the tears I've cried have been watering the seeds that were planted. I cannot wait to receive my bounty.What I want most is a life that is as colorful, bright and lively as the fireworks I witnessed that night. Simply put, I want to shine. And, I will. That is a promise I am making to myself for myself. It may not be what others expect it to be but it will be mine and it will be amazing. That's my word. I resolve to be the best version of myself. I am ready for 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment