Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Thoughts of a Random Thinking Woman


  • One week into #NoBareLips30 & I am still going strong. I am loving playing in my lipsticks and rocking them daily. I have about 20 new lipsticks which is more than enough for the moment. So, I won't be buying another for a minute, I swear.
  • Being super critical of yourself is tiresome. It is a habit that I have decided must go in 2015. I need to cut myself some slack on a lot of things. I 
  • It is very hard to not feel negatively towards anyone who see or hears #BlackLivesMatter and feels the need to interject with #AllLivesMatter. Because if you do not see why the first is relevant, you are so lost. Yes, all lives matter but the police are only executing Black people and leaving their blood and bodies on the streets for hours. I've lost respect for so many of my former classmates who have shown their true colors in the last few months on FB. But, it also helps cut my friends list down. I have no problem unfriending, deleting, unfollowing people I know in real life on social media. 
  • Today has been a bad hair day. Isabella (my hair) is being unruly and rude. I do not like it. Bad hair days affect my mood in the worst way. 
  • I started another blog. It's private and password protected. I need that space to get some things off my chest. I am purging. And, I do not need everyone knowing these particular thoughts. It feels great to get them out though. 
  • My friends are hilarious. I cannot stop laughing at "pass the peas like we used to do" which is a quote from the show "Martin." It makes no sense but it has had me giggling for days. Laughter is chicken soup for the soul.
  • Strangely enough, my sleeping patterns has improved tremendously. I am so thankful for that. I needed this.
  • I am missing the old Kanye. Been listening to his entire catalogue (sans Yeezy because it sucks) all year. I am not a fan of his new song. The sentiment is cute, the lyrics are nice but the song is mediocre at best. I am concerned about the direction he is moving in musically. It makes me sad. 
  • The moment you realize that your prayers have been answered and your feelings have changed is a great one. Especially because you know that without it, you would have been in line for more heartache. I am thankful.
  • I hate to admit how scared I am about so many things. Especially my uncertain, cloudy future. I don't like this feeling. But, I do not know how to shake them. 
  • I cannot remember the last time I was told I love you by a certain someone. I don't know why it's bothering me so much today. Because it really doesn't matter anymore. I used to think that love was a forever type of thing. I've learned that forever means different things to different folks. In the words of Jazmine Sullivan, "forever doesn't last too long these days."
  • I want to go on a trip somewhere. Not an international one but to a city I've never been for a few days. I need a break from everyone and everything I know and am used to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment