Friday, January 23, 2015

Bible Talk



When you constantly see or hear something, you tend to take notice. This is what happened to me last year. I was bombarding with Bible verses from Romans 8. I kept seeing Romans 8:28 as well as 8:35. After seeing them for about a week, I had to go to my Bible and read them. Once I started reading, I remembered the chapter very well. In the past, I had an in-depth conversation about this specific chapter in Romans. I had someone explain this to me in great detail. It's a very interesting chapter in the Bible. I've spent countless moment thinking that I wasn't good enough for one reason or another. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." There is something about those words that fill me with so much hope.


Romans 8 has become a staple in my life. I read it often and early. It calms, centers and refocuses me. It makes me feel like I have a bigger purpose here in life. In the moments when I am doubting myself and feel at my lowest, I read it. There have always been verses that have stuck with me but this is different. I almost feel as though it was tailor made for me at this point in my life. I can say honestly that my faith has waivered a lot lately. It's so easy to get caught up in the "woe is me" life and I've been there far too long. But, the dark clouds have dissipated and I can see and feel the sun shining directly on me. I'm happier than I've been in a really long time. And, I know that prayer has a lot to do with it. I read Romans 8 more than any other chapter in the Bible in the last few months. It's helped me tremendously. I am so thankful for all the universe for conspiring to lead me to those particular words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment