Sunday, January 04, 2015

Throw It In The Bag II


I have fallen head over heels for lipsticks. This is a new love. I cannot stop myself from buying a new one every single time I enter a store. It's my latest habit. I realized that I seem to buy shades in the purple, pink and burgundy family. I think they are my favorites because they look so good against my brown skin. I have been searching for this one lippie for months now. I finally found it last week. I was so happy, especially because I had 2 coupons which would be $7 off!! The shade is Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless. It is the most perfect shade of purple. I am in love with it. I am glad that I purchased 2 of these when I had the chance because the racist remarks of the CEO of Revlon means that I will not be supporting this brand any further. I am sickened by his stupid and ignorant words. That won't stop me from loving this lipstick though. Great purple shade for a brown skinned Black girl.  



Wet 'N Wild Cinnamon Spice is a lipstick I picked up on a whim. I wasn't sure if I was really going to like it. Plus, I had a coupon so it was cheap. Imagine my surprise when I really liked it. It has more of an orange undertone and I think it works well for me. 



NYC's Violet Shine is a pink lipstick that I have to get used to. It's a tad bit more metallic than I would like. I mixed it with a brown lipstick that I already had. It made a new shade that I liked more. Someone got this for me so I want to make sure I use it.



Maybelline's Brazen Berry is a lipstick that I had to hunt down for a while. I was so excited to find it. I thought it would be more purple on my lips but it's lilac in color for me. I still love it. This is definitely one of my absolute favorite shades. I always feel happy when I wear it. 




And, finally a new fave has to be Wet N' Wild's Cherry Bomb. I love it because it is a deep burgundy shade. It reminds me of NYC's Mahogany. I absolutely love the way it looks on me. I wear this at least once a week. It never fails to get me compliments. I promise that I won't purchase anymore lipsticks for a while. Well, with one exception, if I find the Wet 'N Wild's Sugar Plum Fairy, I have to buy it. Other than that, I am done for a while. I will wear and enjoy all the lippie's I've purchased over the last few months. What's your newest favorite lipstick? Tell me about it. What's in your makeup bag, ladies?



No comments:

Post a Comment