Friday, July 30, 2010

Emotional Walls


"Sometimes the walls you put up to protect your fragile broken heart, have a tendency to keep out the love you need to move on." - Me

Emotional walls.

We all have them.

We've all put them up in an effort to self-protection. But, is it possible that those same walls are preventing you from receiving love? Once I had my heart broken, it's been a really rough road to letting any other man get close to my heart. I finally realized that I was punishing myself. I faulted myself for my ex breaking my heart. I was so wrapped up in loving him that I lost me. So, I didn't think I was deserving of love. I mean, how could I be? I was broken and hurt and lost. It took me a good year before I finally felt whole again. I made a conscious decision to open myself up to the possibility of love. That was a huge step for me. But, at the beginning of the year, I finally felt ready. My emotional walls are coming down. I'm allowing myself the right to feel, to love, to be. And, maybe, just maybe, this time I'll get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment