Thursday, June 28, 2012

By Submission

The word "Submit" brings two things to my mind. One is from the Word, the other is sexual. I want to tackle the Word first. To submit means "To give over or to yield to the power or authority of another; to subject to some kind of treatment or influence; to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another; to state or urge with deference; suggest or propose; to yield oneself to the power of authority; to allow oneself to be subjected to some kind of treatment; to defer to another's judgement, opinion, decision." Definitions of words are very subjective. People tend to run wild with their own perceptions of the word. Submitting means a lot to most people. The word conjures up negative images for some.

I believe that too many women are adamantly against the idea of "submission." They think that it is negative by definition. I've heard women say that they "aren't submitting to any man." Submission does not automatically mean giving away all you r power or doing whatever a man says. That is not what I get from the Bible verses or the actual definition of the word. Submitting in a relationship, to me, means letting a man be the head of the household. That is what the Bible teaches.

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." (Ephesians 5:22-25)

I have no issue with the word "submit." I know that I have to hang up my single self if/when I get married. For the right man, submitting won't even be any issue. The right man will not take advantage of the word or of me. He will not degrade me while using the Bible as his reasoning. I wouldn't allow it. I've been in in too many situations that were wrong so I know right when I see it, feel it. It will be the natural order of things in my household. That is what I believe in my heart. I Are you willing to lose out on your soul mate because of a word? Let's discuss submission Biblically.

No comments:

Post a Comment