Sunday, September 19, 2010

Made To Be Together


While listening to Trey Songz' "Made To Be Together," I started thinking about the title. It also reminded me of the art piece to the right, which is entitled "Made For Each Other" by WAK. I love both the song and the art piece. The idea of soul mates is where I ended up while thinking of these two.

What does that mean? Does it fall into the whole idea of soul mates? The definition of a soul mate is "a person with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, and/or compatibility." That is one deep connection. I remember reading in Greek mythology that Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, said that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces. But, Zeus feared their power and split them all in half. Thus, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them: their soul mate. I really like that explanation of soul mates.

My personal opinion is that your soul mate is the person who fits the best with you and what you're about. The person who gets and accepts you for you. I do not believe that anyone is perfect. Nor should the search for a soul mate take one on a journey for perfection. That will just end up with you being alone. And, if you're really, really lucky, you'll find yours and be able to spend the rest of your life happily with this person. That's obviously the romantic in me speaking...loudly!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment