Friday, June 03, 2011

Get Into It: Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean may be a new name to most of you. But, I have a feeling that it won't be for long. Frank Ocean is an up and coming singer-songwriter. He is a artist. He was born in my city of New Orleans, La but now resides in Beverly Hills, Ca. He is also apart of the hip-hop collective OFWGKTA (Odd Future-Wolf Gang-Kill Them All) that is making a lot of noise on the music scene. Frank just finished working on Beyonce's "4" as well. His mixtape "nostalgia, ULTRA" is great to me. I have been playing it consistently since I first downloaded it. I love his voice. I have also found out that Frank Ocean used to go by the name Lonnie Breaux. I found a 64 song mixtape of his previous work. This young man will definitely be a force to reckon with very soon. Below I have posted my favorite tracks off his mixtape. I love the whole thing but these four tracks get the most play with me. Take a listen and get into Frank Ocean!








No comments:

Post a Comment